Question:
How do you say this name: Mahalie?
crazy_likkle_mixedup_dame
2006-11-18 10:06:26 UTC
I plan on naming my child this, if I have a girl: Mahalie. So many people say it in different ways. What is the correct way. I think it's said like this: MUH-HAY-LEE. Am I right.

Also, what do you all think of Pio for a boy. It's said (PEA-O)
Eleven answers:
Asuza
2006-11-18 12:20:25 UTC
Muh-hay-lee is correct.

Pio, while cute, will get your kid all sorts of horrible, horrible nicknames about urine. My mom always said she should have named me PIA, for pain in a... well. You can imagine, I'm sure.
Wonderious
2006-11-18 10:18:55 UTC
Mahalie is really cute and original. I like it a lot pronounced that way. I don't care for Pio for a boy, but I dont' know where you live, it may be nice for there.
ashleycutie1818
2006-11-18 17:01:18 UTC
I really don't care for the name Mahalie. My guess is Mahalie would be Ma-Hay-Lee.

I hate the name Pio.
cynlord_07
2006-11-18 10:28:07 UTC
It doesnt matter how other people think it's pronounced. It's how you pronounce it when she is borm. When I first saw it I said MAH-HAH-LEE, but after thinking about it as a girls namee. MAHA-HAY-LEE sounded better. Good luck w/ yer baby. By the way Pio is not a name I've ever heard/ Just think of how he'll be made fun of w/ any name you pick. As long as your last name isnt Potty, then it's as fine name...
Blondi
2006-11-18 12:20:08 UTC
Mahalie is pretty. Pio, I dont know. I dont really like it.
GorgeousGal10
2006-11-18 12:27:18 UTC
Yes you are right. MUH- HAY-LEE. And pio, you know he will eat peas when he grows up and actually likes them.
2006-11-18 11:53:13 UTC
I think you are right about how to pronounce Mahalie.

i don't really like Pio for a boy's name, then again, it's not my decision, it's yours.
♥Pamela♥
2006-11-18 13:27:26 UTC
Well, it's your baby, so it's your choice.

I thought it was Ma- har-lee before I saw your pronounciation though, but I have to say I don't like Pio...
brian a
2006-11-18 11:34:23 UTC
Yes you are right.

I don't like the name for the boy.