Question:
Between the names Kennedy Marie and Aniya Marie, which name sounds the best for my baby girl?
crystal b
2006-11-20 11:28:34 UTC
I am having trouble choosing a name. My partner doesn't like Kennedy because it is a surname. He also does not like Aniya because he has a cousin named Aniya. It seems like everytime I mention a name to him that I really likes he finds something wrong with it. He likes names that I consider weird. I know her middle name is going to be Marie after my mother. So I'm trying to find something to fit with her middle name. Your suggestions would greatly help!!
34 answers:
cldb730
2006-11-20 11:32:50 UTC
Each one of you make a list and see if there are any names that are on both lists or if you could agree on any of the names on each other's lists. You could also look through baby name sites (such as babycenter.com) together and see if you can agree on anything. One good thing about it is that Marie goes with almost any name.
נєѕѕι¢α נαηє {ℓgм} ♥ [NOT USED]
2006-11-20 11:48:24 UTC
I love Kennedy Marie, but you should spell it so its different that how you would normally spell and surname like:

Kenadie, Kennedie, Kenedi, KenaDee, KennaDee, Kenedie

Also for first names I like:

Natalia Marie

Nicholle Marie

Christina Marie

Alessandra Marie

Lexi(e) Marie

Kasey Marie

Lauren Marie

Kelley Marie

Jordan Marie

Ryann Marie

Jillian Marie

Morgan Marie

Meghan Marie

Stefania Marie

Stef(ph)anie Marie

Tess Marie

Anna Marie

Kelsey Marie

Arleigh (R-Lee) Marie

Taylor Marie

Kaelah/Kayla Marie

Brittney Marie

Grace Marie

Katelyn Marie

Paige Marie

Jaimee Marie

Alyssa Marie

Alyse Marie

Natalie Marie

Nicoletta Marie

Molly Marie

Madison Marie

Jayla Marie

Liliana Marie

Michelle Marie

Lacey Marie

Nadine Marie

Laura Marie

Laurie-Ann Marie

Rylee Marie

Kylee Marie
2006-11-20 11:37:55 UTC
I'm with your partner on this one, i don't really like the name Kennedy. i do like the name Aniya, but if he has a cousin name that maybe you should find something you both like. there are a ton of web site's where you can find all kinds of names. i hope you can find a name that you both agree on. here are some suggestions....

Katyra Marie pounced ka-tara

Raya Marie

Ivory Marie

Natalie Marie

Dyani Marie prounced De-on-e

Tia Marie

Anna Marie

Kaye Marie

Kade Marie

Ava Marie
choosinghappiness
2006-11-20 11:32:30 UTC
I personally do not like Kennedy or Aniya.

instead of Aniya, how about Enya or Mia or Maya? These names sounds more feminine and they are more beautiful.

I think Marie is often used too much for middle names. I knew lots of girls with the middle name Marie and also Ann.
mistkie
2006-11-20 12:38:14 UTC
I would not go with Aniya b/c it is your cousins name. Kennedy is pretty nice. I like Autumn Marie or Olivia Marie.
2006-11-22 22:51:12 UTC
Kennedy Marie is a nice name but Kennedy sound more like a boys name to me...

I like the names Claire Marie, Isabella Marie, Jesse Marie, Bridgette Marie and Kayla Marie

Good luck my man is difficult when it comes to chosing names too!
*n*g*
2006-11-21 16:42:30 UTC
Aniya Marie sounds better.. kennedy sounds strange..
2016-05-22 04:10:18 UTC
Alexandra Marie Vest Caroline Marie Vest Audrey Marie Vest Rebecca Marie Vest Hannah Marie Vest Marion Marie Vest Rachel Marie Vest Allison Marie Vest Tara Marie Vest Chelsea Marie Vest Andrea Marie Vest Olivia Marie Vest Nadia Marie Vest Christina Marie Vest Carly Marie Vest Erica Marie Vest Lindsay Marie Vest
2006-11-20 11:33:25 UTC
Kennedy
Jen
2006-11-20 13:51:39 UTC
I like Kennedy Marie too. How does it sound with the last name? Write them down and say them aloud and you'll know which one feels right. Do this in front of your partner. He'll come around. Good luck!
2006-11-21 01:06:49 UTC
Kennedy Marie is cool
Wonderious
2006-11-20 16:44:04 UTC
I love Kennedy Marie, very pretty. Spell it different so it doesn't look like a surname.

Kenidy

Kenydi

Kynidee

Kynidey

Kynidi

Kinidee

Kinidy

Kenidee
2006-11-20 13:23:25 UTC
I like Kennedy much better,but if your partner doesn't like it, it's probably not gonna happen. You'll have to sit down and go through the baby books til you come up some you can both love. My husband was the same way.
2006-11-20 13:42:35 UTC
I think that the name Kennedy is a good name! Do you like the name Kendall? I know a girl with that name.
2006-11-20 11:36:05 UTC
Kennedy.
wright_shalonda
2006-11-20 11:39:51 UTC
I like Aniya; but it's becoming real common. You can keep the Niya part and play around with the initals in your names. Such as C'Niya or etc....
Morning Glory
2006-11-20 18:07:00 UTC
Of the two, Kennedy definitely sounds better.

Chelsea

Danielle

Natalie

Jane

Addison
2006-11-22 10:32:27 UTC
Gentry Marie

Alivia Marie

Lexi Marie (one of our gd's names)

Avery Marie

Brooklynn Marie

Janae Marie
trendafilka
2006-11-20 13:22:33 UTC
Alias Marie

Edna Marie

Shamaika Marie

Chantal Marie

Dharma Marie

hope it helps
kingzummo
2006-11-20 11:37:35 UTC
I love Kennedy for a girl!
2006-11-20 15:27:36 UTC
I think you should name your daughter Aniya because is a pretty

name and if he does not like it try Shaniya tell him if he don't like it tall him oh well
Manda_Sue
2006-11-20 12:20:37 UTC
Neither. Find something that you both like. A name really is important....they're stuck with it for the rest of their lives. And I think yoour partner realizes that. Maybe you guys both need to compile a list and figure out which out of the list you both like.
luvbug62904
2006-11-20 12:08:33 UTC
I love Aniya! I had it narrowed down to Aniya or Ava for my little girl..............I ended up with an Anthony!! :)
2006-11-20 19:41:45 UTC
waht a coincidance but seroisly my daughter's name is kennedy marie and her twin sister's name is michaela mae and theri little brothers name is brock edmund, so i absolutly think there is nothing wrong with the name kennedy
mzsouthernprincess
2006-11-20 11:45:21 UTC
i just wanna say that both names are beautiful....and how about this for Kennedy...Kennadie...thats a pretty and different way of spelling it so ur hubby may like it this time around...u can play with the spelling a bit for variety....
xxlilsouljahxx
2006-11-20 19:36:59 UTC
I like Aniya... its different
syznotch
2006-11-20 15:27:46 UTC
My sister's name is Sonya Marie.

I love the name Annika.

Below is the list of names fromthe Census bureau that might give you ideas.
panya
2006-11-20 14:00:17 UTC
i like Kennedy. very cool for a girl!
spelling nazi
2006-11-22 20:01:56 UTC
Marie is okay. But please, reconsider Kennedy and Aniya. They sound like stripper names.
Brandi D
2006-11-20 14:11:43 UTC
I perfer kennedy
Christabelle
2006-11-20 12:44:16 UTC
Well, don't pick a name the hubby doesn't like....how about Amaya Marie?
jordanthegrouch
2006-11-20 17:26:21 UTC
i think kennedy is kinda cute
2006-11-20 11:39:47 UTC
i dont think you should name your baby neither one...you should probably try and name your baby something that you would want ot reperesent her personality...like Krystal (Christal, Crystal) or Arianna (Ariona, Adrianna)....
2006-11-20 12:29:59 UTC
michelle, alexisa , kyandra