Question:
what do you think of the name Ashley???
jcjakn1
2006-11-24 09:11:24 UTC
Ok my friend's mom is having a baby and doesn't know what name to pick but she's thinking about ashley. Different ways to spell it, meaning, similar names????
39 answers:
2006-11-24 11:54:06 UTC
Ahsley is a very pretty name, but it's also very common...If she is very fond of it it would make a lovely middle name...I'm scre if you looked hard enough you could find a name that was similar in sound to Ashley...but was not the same...babynames.com is a wonderful resource...or you could do a search on the name...good luck!
2006-11-24 14:26:48 UTC
I like the name Ashley but I think that it is over used. I think that if you really like the name Ashley then maybe you can try using the prefix and coming up with a different name for example Ashbey.
pirulee
2006-11-24 09:26:17 UTC
Ashlee, Ashley, Ashly, Ashleigh, Ashlea

I have a friend who named her daughter Ashee; she's cute as a button.

How about...Aleesha, Sheila or Ashlene.

From an English surname which was originally derived from a place name meaning "ash tree clearing" in Old English. Until the 1960s it was more commonly given to boys, but it is now most often used on girls.

http://www.behindthename.com/php/view.php?name=ashley
donthateme879
2006-11-24 12:16:54 UTC
Ashley is a popular, original yet cute name with many different spelling such as Ashley, Ashlee, Ashleigh, Ashli.

Similar names are Ashlynn, Ashten, Ashton, Ashling, Ashlion, or Ashlin.
Von
2006-11-24 12:13:15 UTC
I think that Ashley is a very cute name but it is tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over used. I personally know about 10 Ashley's.
♥Quentin's Mommy♥
2006-11-24 15:34:39 UTC
The name Ashley is way too common. Your friend's mom should pick a name that is unique and different.
Donna
2006-11-24 09:15:04 UTC
Ashley is a very popular name. To many babies with that name. If I were her I would pick something different.
choosinghappiness
2006-11-24 09:29:58 UTC
I would just spell Ashley like it is.

Here are some suggestions for Ashley:

Summer Ashley

Ashley Lauren or Lauren Ashley
Lisa R
2006-11-24 12:21:30 UTC
Cute name, yes popular, but so are a lot of names. At least you can find it on a pen! The meaning isnt all that great though- "From the Ash Tree Field."

Similar- Ashton and Ashlyn. Both have similar meanings.

Congrats to your friend!
?
2006-11-24 23:50:18 UTC
Like it!

Ashley, Ashlee, Ashlie
micg
2006-11-24 09:25:59 UTC
Everybody seems to be named Ashley or Brittany nowadays.

Ashlee

Ashleigh

Ashly

Ashlei

Ashland, a little different
PJ
2006-11-24 12:24:46 UTC
I love Ashley, but would probably go with something a bit different

Asher or Ashlynn. Good Luck!
2006-11-24 09:19:58 UTC
Well my name is Ashley and it spelled that way and Ashlee, Ashely. I love the name Ashley it is very cute. :)!
YabanciKiz
2006-11-24 10:12:28 UTC
It's a nice name, but a bit overused. Avoid spelling it "Ashlee" unless she wants her to become a two-bit, out-of-tune pop star. Ainslinn is an interesting alternative--legit, very Celtic and quite romantic in a Bronte Sisters sort of way.
2D
2006-11-24 11:49:55 UTC
I think the name is beautiful, but way too common. Try other versions of that name Asha, Ashlynn, Ashton, Ashnie, Ashdyn, or just Ash good luck.
Stephanie
2006-11-24 21:50:01 UTC
I like the name Ashley.

Ashlee, would be a cute way to spell it.
2006-11-24 12:52:10 UTC
my little sister (18 years) is named Ashleigh. It means "from the ash tree meadow". My middle name is LeaAnne (pronounced Lee-Anne) so i always thought Ashlea would be a cute spelling.
Blondi
2006-11-24 09:28:47 UTC
There is Ashleigh, & Ashlee. Im not real fond of the name, but I think Ashlynn is much prettier. I do like that name
2006-11-24 09:30:27 UTC
Ashley is a pretty name but it is too common you should name her something like maddison,lauren,or alisa
soccer22
2006-11-24 10:08:18 UTC
i like the name ashley but i really like the name jennalyn
mommy cat
2006-11-24 10:56:04 UTC
it's a pretty name, but there are so many of them out there now. search the web and look for something more unique to the family. there are a lot of choices out there!! Good Luck.
2006-11-24 13:10:00 UTC
i like ashley spelled like this

ashlee
7abibi♥
2006-11-24 11:24:09 UTC
I don't like it way too common. Ashli, Ashlee, Ashleigh, Ashlea, Ashlie, or Ashliy.
Devynne
2006-11-24 20:28:38 UTC
I like it but it is so overused. If you choose that name you should spell it unique like Ashleigh or Ashli or something i don't know.
jamie
2006-11-24 16:07:40 UTC
dont name her ashley

every ashley i know is a horrible person
kari
2006-11-24 09:16:22 UTC
it is a really popular name.. maybe she should spell it different :: ashlee, ashleigh, ashlie

or choose something similar like ashlynn
ascloud@sbcglobal.net
2006-11-24 10:02:49 UTC
Ashli

Ashton

Asire...Azz-uh-ray
2006-11-24 13:56:43 UTC
yea i like that name well because thats my name...bu tmine is spelled ashley...u can make unique and spell it like.....ashlea, ashlee, ashliee, ashli....something like that
♡Miszzy_327♡
2006-11-24 09:19:56 UTC
That name's ok. it too traditional. but its sorta a popular name
2006-11-24 12:43:31 UTC
ashley is commen and not very original

other spellings:

ashlee

ashlie

ashli

ashlea

similar names:

ashlyn (ashlynn.ashlin.ashlinn.ashalyn)

ashton?
JoAnne :)
2006-11-24 09:17:08 UTC
personally, i think that name is boring and to origional. i like name that most people dont have. i hate common names like sarah, jessica, stephanie....and ashley
dis1_still2_cute4_u
2006-11-24 11:47:13 UTC
that name is too popular and lots of kids have that name
yo mama
2006-11-24 11:14:51 UTC
I like it. What abou Ashleigh... its really pretty spelling.
littlexgirl325
2006-11-24 09:52:34 UTC
lotta pple have it.

but here are some spelling...